We are accepting new students throughout the entire school year!
To enroll Your Child at the Elementary International School of Gdansk, you must first schedule a meeting with the School Director. This preliminary interview will tbe the chance for You and Your Child to tour the school and speak with the director about the school offer. If You are not avsailalbe for an in-person interview, an online meeting (via Google Meet can be arranged). We encourage to visit the school during its open days – it’s a chance to meet other students and the faculty, who will gladly be your guides to the EISG’s offer.
After the interview, the school director makes the final decision on accepting the child to the EISG. Acceptance depends on the availability of places in a given year group.
English language proficiency requirements vary from grade to grade and are not considered as part of the admission process.
After the recruitment meeting, the following admission requirements must be completed before a student may be officially enrolled at EISG:
- application form must be completed and returned to the office
- enrollment fee must be paid to school account
- certificate of completion of the previous school year must be submitted to the office
At this stage the child’s placement in the school is guaranteed.
Before the child starts attending the lessons, all relevant information, e.g. regarding specific needs, dietary requirements as well as a set of data protection information must be provided.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission if we feel that the school cannot provide an education that will meet the academic, behavioral and learning needs of the student or if the Parents’ expectations clearly do not align with school profile and/or mission.
- In case of limited spaces in classes, siblings of current students of school are given priority of admission. Students who were not admissioned are offered a place on a waiting list, from which they may be admitted at a later date.
- One-month notice is required from Parents if they wish to withdraw students from ISG and should be submitted to the office in paper form or via email. Before the termination of contract students need to complete a sign-out checklist (i.e. collect the signatures of relevant parties: accountant, library, school office) to show that all his records are up to date and clear.
- All families applying to the International School of Gdansk agree to support and act in accordance with our school mission, policies and protocol, supported by IB guidelines and learner profile.
Rules of recruiting the students for Grade 1 for the school year 2024/2025
Recruitment for Grade 1 is continuous and begins on 29.01.2024 for the graduates of the International Preschool of Gdansk and 19.02.2024 for other applicants – until the number of places is exhausted.
The recruitment process consists of:
- filling out the application form, which is available at www.isg.gfo.pl; and submitting it to the school’s office or sending it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- a meeting between parents and the school director.
The following criteria will be taken into account during the recruitment process:
- date of submission of the school application card;
- age of the child – priority for admission is given to children who are at least 7 years old in the calendar year of starting education in grade 1;
- readiness to start school;
- having a sibling in the IPG, EISG or HISG;
- pursuing pre-school preparation in one of the institutions run by the Gdańsk Educational Foundation;
- being the child of a graduate of schools run by the Gdańsk Educational Foundation.
- Previous education in an English-speaking kindergarten or abroad.
The decision to admit a child to Grade 1 is made by the director of the Elementary International School of Gdansk, based on the analysis of the recruitment criteria and the conclusions of the meeting with the parents and child.
The director of EISG informs parents of the result of the recruitment process by e-mail within a maximum of 2 weeks from the time of the meeting.
The final condition for admitting the child to the school is payment of the organizational fee in the amount of PLN 1800 to the account no.: 92 1600 1462 1837 4600 5000 0001, Bank BGŻ BNP PARIBAS S.A. within a week of receiving information via email about the positive completion of the recruitment process.